Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Wesh; students today

This video is a great example of how technology is relevant today and why it should be made relevant in education. The opening with the freshman college student walking into class for the first time reminded me of my own experiences; I went from a high school graduating class of 140 to a freshman biology class of 450. I know I can't speak for that entire class, but I learn by asking questions and making connections, how is that possible in a class of 450? That class seriously affected my college experience and what I set out to experience in college; I went from wanting to be a doctor to just wanting to enjoy classes and learning. I ended up taking a lot of classes and eventually landing in English, but only because it was easiest and I enjoy reading and thinking.
This Wesh video is lacking in some respects; as I said before it is a good example of some things, what I want is ideas of how to implement technology in the classroom. I guess the video speaks for itself in that regard, but, what are some other things that can be done besides watching videos and creating google accounts, which isn't explained? I don't think students need to be reminded they are bored with traditional classrooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment